Call for Nominations: This call for nominations is open to self-identified Indigenous female emerging artists living in Northern Ontario.
Please note that you can self nominate or an individual can nominate an artist to receive this award. Eligibility:
- To be considered for an award the artist must be an Indigenous woman living in Northern Ontario (open to Métis, Inuit, Status and Non-Status peoples)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Open to all artistic disciplines including traditional/customary arts
- All Indigenous female artists are encouraged to apply.
- Individuals can submit an application to nominate an artist they feel deserves this award.
To apply please submit the following:
- One-page letter outlining why you or the artist should receive this award
- Submit images/audio/written/video support material of artwork to support the application
- A full length bio and resume
- If you are submitting on behalf of yourself please include a letter of support from someone who is familiar with your career in the arts
Application Deadline: Monday May 1, 2017 / Email to: email@example.com
Value of Award: $1500
Definition of an emerging artist is:
- One who has some evidence of professional achievement but not a substantial record of accomplishment
- Not recognized as established artists by other artists, curators, producers, critics, and arts administrators.
- Artists who show significant potential, yet are under-recognized