Applications for 2017 is now open. The 2017 recipient will be announced in June!
Join our mailing list to keep up to date on upcoming deadlines and events.
Call for Nominations: This call for nominations is open to self-identified Indigenous female emerging artists living in Northern Ontario.
Please note that you can self nominate or an individual can nominate an artist to receive this award. Eligibility:
- To be considered for an award the artist must be an Indigenous woman living in Northern Ontario (open to Métis, Inuit, Status and Non-Status peoples)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Open to all artistic disciplines including traditional/customary arts
- All Indigenous female artists are encouraged to apply.
- Individuals can submit an application to nominate an artist they feel deserves this award.
To apply please submit the following:
- One-page letter outlining why you or the artist should receive this award
- Submit images/audio/written/video support material of artwork to support the application
- A full length bio and resume
- If you are submitting on behalf of yourself please include a letter of support from someone who is familiar with your career in the arts
Application Deadline: Monday May 1, 2017 / Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Value of Award: $1500
Definition of an emerging artist is:
- One who has some evidence of professional achievement but not a substantial record of accomplishment
- Not recognized as established artists by other artists, curators, producers, critics, and arts administrators.
- Artists who show significant potential, yet are under-recognized